Monday, May 17, 2010

The Count Down

For over four months now I've been unemployed.  It came unexpectantly and to be honest I was surprised it happened.  It did hit me hard...I'm not going to lie about that.  I was angry, hurt, bewildered...even violated.  The details are too many but basiclly because another was insecure and manipulative I was blindside and replaced with a newer, younger and more stable model.  But..as time passed I realized it was for the better. 
If truth be told I was never really 'happy' with the job.  I could have been...but I wasn't. 
When I went all through the grief process and put things in order I realized this probably was for the best.  For a few years now...around my fifth year of sobriety...I realized something was missing.  And I couldn't figure out what it was.  Oh...I seached, questioned and prayed on it.  Asked for 'signs'...inspiration...anything to tell me what I needed to do.  I think I ignored all the obvious signs and it took unemloyment for me to see the 'big picture.'
So....in 16 days I am on the road to Kansas.  Yes...I am moving from Florida to Kansas fully aware that most people do the opposite.  This is the second time I'm doing this trip.  In February I packed the car, cat and myself and headed north, then west, then north again to the middle of the country.  My son and his wife live in Kansas along with my baby brother and his family.  I am not totally off my rocker...I have family up there...hence the main reason I am going.  I think I found that missing link...I need to be closer to my family. 
I also need a job and the employment opportunities in south Florida are not the greatest. 
My faith has me believing that this move is the answer.  It also gives me the confidence to do this with the knowledge that I can always start the day over if it doesn't work out.  Faith...it's all about that...and family. 
There is still a lot of preparations to be done, but I have a handle on everything...so far.  But over the next 16 days I will be busy in preparation.  And I'm ready...so very ready....for tomorrow's beginning. 

No comments: