Monday, May 24, 2010

One Week and Counting

Seven more days...truly I can't believe it's upon me so quickly.  Having mixed emotions.  Glad it's finally here but it is going to be hard to leave here with the intent to move permanently to Kansas City.  It sounds so final even though nothing is ever final.  I've been living each day as it comes and hope to continue with that thought in mind. 
So today was organize the clothes.  I've decided to ship the majority of my clothes via UPS so that they will be there before I get there...seemed to be the smarter thing to do.  This allows me to pack more in the car...which is getting pretty full as each day passes.  When I did this trip in Feb I found I took too much with me...I'm trying to play it smart this time.  I am taking things with me to make my life comfortable as I transition.  It may be a while before all my personal effects are with me again, so in the mean time I am taking the things that give me the most comfort. 
But back to the clothes...I have too many.  Seriously I can not believe I have so many and I haven't even checked the storage unit for the winter things that I need to get ready too.  I know...winter is quite a bit time away, but not knowing when I'm shipping everything I need to have them ready to ship to me if I find myself still not completely settled.  The key here has been organization and it truly amazes me I'm actually so organized.  But I've had all the time in the world to plan this and it seem to all be coming together. 
So...it's seven days and counting...and I'm ready to go...

No comments: