Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day Two...


Day two of this adventure and I am so very glad I did this.  Yes, it was sad leaving Marco Island...my Mom and Dad, my friends and the beautiful beaches.  But as I have said before, it was time.  And when I was going down Barfield all I could think was that I was finally doing it. 
Surprisingly I traveled over 600 miles that first day.  Never planned on doing that many that quickly but it just happened.  I did leave early and breezed through most of the major cities with little or no traffic.  I made Tallahassee by 1:30pm and figured I would be twiddling my thumbs the rest of the afternoon so I kept on going to Pensacola FL.  After a quick dinner I crashed.  Sleep came easily and I woke to the familiar sounds of those early morning thunder storms so common to this time of year. 
Today I took my time getting ready and was on the road by 9:30am.  Alabama went quickly and Mississippi was quite an adventure.  I decided to take the road less traveled and venture into the back roads of the Mississippi delta.  Small towns, a slower pace and some beautiful scenery.  Though all of it was beautiful when I reached Vicksburg I was ready to get out of the car and do some walking. 
For these last two days I've had a lot of time to think.  Mostly about what I am doing...this packing it all up and moving almost 1800 miles away.  Yes, I've questioned myself, but I think that is normal.  But as the miles were traveled I became more secure that I was doing the right thing.  This morning when I woke up for the first time in a long time I felt like I was finally on the right path...a certain peace had come over me and a realization that no matter what happens it will be okay.
I can tell you what tomorrow will hold and frankly, I don't care at this precise moment.  And that is the beauty of all this.  Finally having the faith and the belief to live in the moment, appreciate the day and not worry about tomorrow. 
For now I comfortably cuddled in a nice comfortable bed...Shelbs right beside me.  She's dealing with all this really well.  I'm about ready to turn off the lights and sleep.  Tomorrow is another day and I am aiming for Oklahoma.  Nice and easy...no rush.  :)

1 comment:

COMPAQ Laptop Service Center In Chennai said...

I like your post very much i had nice time while reading your post