Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Twas the night before.....

Wow...it's finally here. Tomorrow at 7am I should be on the road.  Once I made this decision I put the plan in action and just moved forward.  There have been some stumbling blocks along the way, but nothing that couldn't be handled without a major meltdown. 
Saturday night was a bit hard.  Last 'whoopie party' of my group.  But it was good...all good.  In some ways it was a reminder that it was time to move on...this group helped me get to where I'm at today and if it wasn't for that...well...I wouldn't be doing this.
The last couple of days have been busy ones.  Packing, last minute shopping, saying good-byes....much to do.  Today I stuffed a fraction of my life into suitcases, boxes and any spare space I could find within my car.  Last count...2 suitcases, 2 boxes, 1 CPU with monitor, laptop in briefcase, a box of resumes and paper, 1 long Rubbermaid bin, 1 small Rubbermaid bin, 2 overnight bags, 1 strong box, 2 bags of shoes (yea...I had a hard time separating from some), 1 combo box of makeup and jewelery, 2 soft carryalls--one for kitty food and stuff and one for my snacks and drinks.  And then there is the litter box for the car, the litter box for the hotels, the extra box of litter (I might have gone over board there) and all the clothes hanging in the back.  Two pillows, one blanket, a set a sheets and my towels.  Yes...and it all fit with some room to spare. 
It's been a long day.  And yes...putting your life into suitcases and boxes does seem to put things into a different light.  It made me realize that I can be happy with the minimal. The materialistic things are great, trust me I have a big storage unit of those.  But when it came down to picking what I 'needed' to take with me...there really was very little. 
I like my creature comforts and they are with me.  But I'm also very ready for the simpler things in life.  Or maybe I should say I'm looking forward to simplifying the complicated life I created.  If that makes any sense. 
So, tomorrow bright and early I"m off. I doubt I sleep much tonight but that is okay.  It will all be okay. 

No comments: